Australian Wool Network | Australia
Australian Wool Network Pty Ltd
Established in 1999 with the vision of bringing woolgrowers and wool processors closer together, the Australian owned Australian Wool Network (AWN) is the largest, independent, national wool marketing and brokering company in the country.
In 2014, AWN acquired a knitwear manufacturing business and launched their ‘Grow, Make, Wear’ (GMW) strategy. AWN is the only wool marketing/brokering company with an Australian based manufacturing facility to make their own merino wool fashion and next-to-skin apparel, accessories and homewares.
More recently in mid-2018, AWN advanced to the final chapter in their GMW strategy – ‘Wear’ and launched their own online store: ‘Merino & Co – the home of the world’s most desirable fibre, merino.’ Under this master brand sit their premier modern merino wool labels: ‘Only Merino’, ‘Hedrena’ and ‘MerinoSnug’.
AWN continues to focus on extending its original vision to connect their woolgrowers right through the processing pipeline to a finished garment and to the wool wearing consumer. AWN calls this a ‘Direct Network Advantage’ or DNA. With this program providing wool provenance is the priority. Each DNA garment boasts a QR-enabled DNA swing tag that showcases the woolgrowers who contributed to the making of the garment, their sheep and the environment in which the wool was grown along with some great local wool growing stories.
Location / Countries of operation: Australia and China
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Web link: Website: woolnetwork.com.au | Facebook: Australian Wool Network |Instagram: @woolnetworkaus #woolnetworkaus
| Twitter: @woolnetwork | Vimeo: woolnetwork
Why did you decide to become RWS certified?
By participating in the RWS program we have a greater opportunity to;
- open up the conversation with consumers, about where the fibre in their clothes come from.
- encourage consumers to choose clothes which are made using a fibre that is sustainable, environmentally acceptable
- encourage consumers to choose clothes from suppliers/a supply chain that have manufactured them responsibly
- encourage our wool growers and suppliers to be as committed to excellence as we are, and share our vision to continual improve, innovate and bridge the gap between wool growers, wool processors and consumers.
- collaborate and work with our industry peers to create a supply chain that is globally recognised for its willingness to constantly evaluate, listen and improve for a higher purpose
What does working with the RWS mean for you?
Working with RWS provides us with a framework by which we can conduct our business and can encourage others to do the same.