Kick Start Program
You’re invited to join the RWS Kick Start program, where companies can demonstrate their leadership and commitment to sustainability by helping to fast-forward the adoption of the Responsible Wool Standard.
By using the Kick Start program to get more certified wool into the supply chain quickly, we can achieve a number of important things:
Take a look at what you are required to contribute and how you will benefit from becoming a “Kick Starter.” The best part is that your contributions will not only make you a leader in sustainability, it will benefit the entire supply chain from farmer to consumer!
Kick Starter Contributions:
1.) Make a public commitment to the RWS
An important function of the Kick Start Program is to signal brand commitment to farmers and the supply chain. We are asking you to share your target for the RWS, and to make it both realistic and meaningful. Here are some suggestions:
We commit to convert 100% of our wool supply to be certified to the Responsible Wool Standard by 2022
We commit to convert 15% of our wool supply to RWS-certified each year
We will certify 50% of our wool supply to the RWS by 2020
2.) Send the demand signal down your supply chain
- Put in an order for RWS-certified wool and work with your partners to determine realistic pricing and timelines
3.) Contribute to a Farmer Support Fund (optional)
- Make a financial contribution, to be used to support farmers in achieving initial certification
- The contribution can come from a separate budget, without impacting your product costs
4.) Speak out about the RWS at industry events
- As opportunities arise, help us present on the RWS; TE will supply presentations, talking points and additional materials
- Let TE know about speaking opportunities
Kick Start Implementation Support:
As part of the Kick Start Program, we are offering tailor-made packages of support to Kick Start participants to help facilitate bringing RWS into your supply chain. Profits generated from providing implementation support will go towards the Farm Support Fund.
Implementation Support can include:
- training of supply chain on chain of custody
- training of farms in your supply chain
- specific support for bring RWS through your supply chain
- staff training on RWS
- support in directing Kick Start funds to your farmers
Ready to demonstrate your leadership and commitment to sustainability? Great! Sign up as soon as possible to get started. The success of the RWS depends on your engagement.
To learn more and work out the details of your participation, contact us by clicking the button below or by emailing us at ResponsibleWool@TextileExchange.org.